2018/19 Student Athlete Registration and Clearance Process
Lansdale Catholic Athletics
Registration Information for Winter Sports
Dear Parents and Guardians:
Below you will find some important information as you prepare for the upcoming winter sports season. In order to be cleared to participate with an LC athletics team a student athlete and their parent/guardian must go through a registration/clearance process. This process will collect all necessary PIAA forms, medical/ emergency contact information, and convey all pertinent department information. Please note that as of June 2018 LC Athletics will be utilizing the FamilyID online registration platform to facilitate this process. We will no longer be accepting any hard copy versions of this information.
Timelines for Winter athlete registration:
Must be completely registered by: Monday, November 12, 2018
Listed below is a step-by-step process families can follow to make sure their athletes are cleared to participate this upcoming Winter.
STEP # 1: Create a FamilyID account in order to register your student athlete(s):
- If you have already created an account (for Fall participation) you will be able to log-in with those credentials.
- If not: Start by having a parent/guardian register by clicking on this link: FamilyID Registration Link
- Click on Lansdale Catholic High School Winter Registration 2018-2019
- Click on the Register Now button and go down to Create Account/Log In.
- If this is your first time using FamilyID, click Create Account. Click Log In, if you already have a FamilyID account.
- Create your secure FamilyID account by entering the account owner first and last names (parent/guardian), email address and password.
- Select I Agree to the FamilyID Terms of Service.
- Click Create Account.
- You will receive an email with a link to activate your new account. (If you don’t see the email, check your email filters (spam, junk, etc.).
- Click on the link in your activation email, which will log you in to FamilyID.com.
Step # 2: Complete the Registration/Clearance Process & upload your Physical on Family ID:
Once your Family ID account is active you can now proceed with registering your student-athlete to complete the clearance process.
- Start to fill out all fields on the registration form. Those marked with a red* are required to have an answer.
- In the Participant Information section you will be asked to upload a scanned copy of your PIAA Section 6, 7, or 8 Forms.
- Upload your section 6 if: This is your first time registering for a sport at LC.
- Upload a section 7 if: If you already registered for a FALL sport this year and have already uploaded your section 6 form and had NO medical issues or changes than you will just be required to upload your section 7 form (This form re-certifies you to participate)
- Upload a section 8 if: You had any medical issues or changes between when you submitted your section 6 and current registration you must also upload a section 8 form (This form certifies that a doctor has been made aware of those issues)
- There will be an additional tab on the registration page to upload any further documents that may be needed (I.e. care forms for diabetes or asthma)
- Work down the rest of the registration form and click Continue when your form is complete.
- Review your registration summary.
- The Athletic Department will be checking the FamilyID platform starting in late October. We will be officially approving athletes at this point. An athlete will be approved when registration is complete and an up to date PIAA section 6 Form has been uploaded to FamilyID.
Information about your Doctors Physical (PIAA Section 6 Form):
- Every athlete will still be required to have a doctor's physical which needs to take place AFTER June 1st, 2018. Physicals dated before June 1 2018 are not valid.
- The doctor performing your physical will need to fill out section 6 of the PIAA physical paperwork. You will need to print that form and bring it to the doctor on the date of your physical so that he/she can sign it once the physical is complete. Once completed and signed this is what you will scan and upload to FamilyID.
- IMPORTANT: Only the official PIAA Section 6 form will be accepted for registration.
- Athletes who upload physicals on a different form than the section 6 form will NOT be approved to participate.
- There will be an additional tab to upload any other documents that may be needed (I.e. care forms for diabetes or asthma).
STEP # 3: Attend the Winter Pre-season Information Meeting:
This meeting is mandatory for all LC Winter Sport athletes and at least one parent. This years meeting will be held on Monday, November 5th, 2018 in the LC gym. This informational meeting will go over everything you need to know about being an LC student-athlete. The schedule for the evening is listed below.
6:00pm- 6:05pm: Athletic Directors Welcome
6:05pm- 6:45pm: LC Athletics overview, policies and procedures, and expectations
6:55pm- 7:30pm: Individual Sport breakout sessions in classrooms (location assigned that night)
Step # 4: Begin Official Winter Practices:
The official PIAA start date for fall sports is listed below. Please note that it is up to the coaches discretion with how he/or she utilizes the first days of practice. More specific information will be sent out or reviewed in the Pre-season information meeting.
Friday, November 16, 2018
How do I get in contact with my sport coach or someone in the Athletics Department at LC?
Should you have specific questions regarding your child or off-season volunteer practice, please reach out directly to your head coach (listed below) or Athletic Director Rob Nydick.
Athletic Director: Mr. Robert Nydick Rnydick@lansdalecatholic.com
Boys Basketball Mr. Joe Corbett email@example.com
Girls Basketball Mr. Eric Gidney firstname.lastname@example.org
Boys and Girls Winter Track Mr. Matt Connelly email@example.com
Boys and Girls Swimming Mr. Robert Birnbrauer firstname.lastname@example.org
I am having technical trouble with the Family ID Platform who should I contact?
Please contact the FamilyID support team through one of the following methods:
Email: Support@familyid.com Phone: 888 800 5583 ext 1
Exactly what information are you collecting during the FamilyID registration process?
- All relevant contact and emergency contact information that will be stored securely on the FamilyID platform.
- PIAA Comprehensive Pre-participation Physical Evaluation (CIPPE) Forms:
- Remember: Section 6 of the form is the one you are uploading all other sections will be collected electronically through FamilyID.
- The collection of information from these forms is required for all PIAA Athletes
- The PIAA CIPPE forms are comprised of 9 sections of information.
- Acknowledgement of LC Athletics policies and procedures
- Parents and student athletes will have access to review LC department policies and procedures and sign off electronically that they are understood.
Is it OK to upload a physical that is not on the PIAA section 6 form?
No it is not. We can only accept the PIAA Section 6 form signed off by an Authorized Medical Examiner (MD, DO, PAC, CRNP, or SNP)
My insurance will not pay for another physical in this calendar year?
Speak to your family physician about this. They might offer ways to help offset the cost. CVS and Walgreen's offer sports physicals at a reasonable cost.
Do I need to go through the entire registration process just to try out for a team?
Yes, for safety of the student athlete trying out it is imperative we have all necessary information to handle any situation that could potentially occur when participating in athletics.