2018/19 Student Athlete Registration and Clearance Process
Dear Parents and Guardians:
Below you will find some important information as you prepare for the upcoming fall sports season. In order to be cleared to participate with an LC athletics team a student athlete and their parent/guardian must go through a registration/clearance process. This process will collect all necessary PIAA forms, medical/ emergency contact information, and convey all pertinent department information. Please note that as of June 2018 LC Athletics will be utilizing the FamilyID online registration platform to facilitate this process. We will no longer be accepting any hard copy versions of this information.
Timelines for fall athlete registration:
Football: Must be completely registered by: Friday, August 3, 2018
All other Fall sports: Must be completely registered by: Friday, August 10 2018
Listed below is a step-by-step process families can follow to make sure their athletes are cleared to participate this upcoming Fall.
STEP # 1: Create a FamilyID account in order to register your student athlete(s):
- Start by having a parent/guardian register by clicking on this link: FamilyID Registration Link
- Click on Lansdale Catholic High School Fall Registration 2018
- Click on the Register Now button and go down to Create Account/Log In.
- If this is your first time using FamilyID, click Create Account. Click Log In, if you already have a FamilyID account.
- Create your secure FamilyID account by entering the account owner first and last names (parent/guardian), email address and password.
- Select I Agree to the FamilyID Terms of Service.
- Click Create Account.
- You will receive an email with a link to activate your new account. (If you don’t see the email, check your email filters (spam, junk, etc.).
- Click on the link in your activation email, which will log you in to FamilyID.com.
Step # 2: Complete the registration/clearance process & upload your physical on FamilyID:
Once your Family ID account is active you can now proceed with registering your student athlete to complete the clearance process.
- Start to fill out all fields on the registration form. Those marked with a red* are required to have an answer.
- In the Participant Information section you will be asked to upload a scanned copy of your PIAA Section 6 Form.
- This is where you will upload your Physical (section 6) signed by your doctor. Please see more information below.
- Work down the rest of the registration form and click Continue when your form is complete.
- Review your registration summary.
- The athletic Department will be checking the FamilyID platform starting in late July. We will be officially approving athletes at this point. An athlete will be approved when registration is complete and an up to date PIAA section 6 Form has been uploaded to FamilyID.
Information about your Doctors Physical (PIAA Section 6 Form):
- Every athlete will still be required to have a doctor's physical which needs to take place AFTER June 1st, 2018. Physicals dated before June 1 2018 are not valid.
- The doctor performing your physical will need to fill out section 6 of the PIAA physical paperwork. You will need to print that form and bring it to the doctor on the date of your physical so that he/she can sign it once the physical is complete. Once completed and signed this is what you will scan and upload to FamilyID.
- IMPORTANT: Only the official PIAA Section 6 form will be accepted for registration.
- Athletes who upload physicals on a different form than the section 6 form will NOT be approved to participate.
- There will be an additional tab to upload any other documents that may be needed (I.e. care forms for diabetes or asthma).
STEP # 3: Attend the Fall Pre-season Information Meeting: Thursday July 26, 2018
This meeting is mandatory for all LC Fall Sport athletes and at least one parent. The date of this years meeting will be Thursday July 26, 2018. The location will be the LC gym. This informational meeting will go over everything you need to know about being an LC student athlete. The schedule for the evening is listed below.
6:00pm- 6:05pm: Athletic Directors Welcome
6:05pm- 6:45pm: LC Athletics overview, policies and procedures, and expectations
6:55pm- 7:30pm: Individual Sport breakout sessions in classrooms (location assigned that night)
Step # 4: Begin Official Fall Practices:
The official PIAA start date for fall sports is listed below. Please note that it is up to the coaches discretion with how he/or she utilizes the first days of practice. More specific information will be sent out over the summer months and reviewed in the Pre-season information meeting.
Football: Monday August 6, 2018
All other Fall Sports (listed below): Monday August 13, 2018
How do I get in contact with my sport coach or someone in the Athletics Department at LC?
Should you have specific questions regarding your child or off-season volunteer practice, please reach out directly to your head coach (listed below) or Athletic Director Rob Nydick.
Mr. Robert Nydick: Rnydick@lansdalecatholic.com
Football Head Coach:
Mr. Tom Kirk: email@example.com
Cross Country (Boys & Girls) Head Coach:
Mr. Matt Connelly: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cheerleading Head Coach:
Ms. Becky Cucuzza: email@example.com
Field Hockey Head Coach:
Golf (Boys & Girls) Head Coach:
Boys Soccer Head Coach:
Mr. Bill James: firstname.lastname@example.org
Girls Soccer Head Coach:
Ms. Bree Benedict: email@example.com
Girls Tennis Head Coach:
Ms. Wendy Bradshaw: firstname.lastname@example.org
Girls Volleyball Head Coach:
Ms. Julie Stoclos: email@example.com
Athletic Trainer: Ms. Sylvia Sokol-Doran: firstname.lastname@example.org
How should I be preparing for my sport over the summer?
It is very important that you show up to pre-season camp in the best shape possible. Below are some ways to make sure you are ready:
- Follow a workout routine designed for your sport over the summer months
- Attend a camp for your sport as a tune up for pre-season
- Contact your coach about expectations and make sure you follow those
- Attend off-season volunteer practices as many times as possible
I am having technical trouble with the Family ID Platform who should I contact?
Please contact the FamilyID support team through one of the following methods:
Email: Support@familyid.com Phone: 888 800 5583 ext 1
Exactly what information are you collecting during the FamilyID registration process?
- All relevant contact and emergency contact information that will be stored securely on the FamilyID platform.
- PIAA Comprehensive Pre-participation Physical Evaluation (CIPPE) Forms:
- Remember: Section 6 of the form is the one you are uploading all other sections will be collected electronically through FamilyID.
- The collection of information from these forms is required for all PIAA Athletes
- The PIAA CIPPE forms are comprised of 9 sections of information.
- Acknowledgment of LC Athletics policies and procedures
- Parents and student athletes will have access to review LC department policies and procedures and sign off electronically that they are understood.
Is it OK to upload a physical that is not on the PIAA section 6 form?
No it is not. We can only accept the PIAA Section 6 form signed off by an Authorized Medical Examiner (MD, DO, PAC, CRNP, or SNP)
My insurance will not pay for another physical in this calendar year?
Speak to your family physician about this. They might offer ways to help offset the cost. CVS and Walgreen's offer sports physicals at a reasonable cost.
Do I need to go through the entire registration process just to try out for a team?
Yes, for safety of the student athlete trying out it is imperative we have all necessary information to handle any situation that could potentially occur when participating in athletics.