STEM Honors Certificate Program
STEM CERTIFICATE PROGRAM
The STEM Certificate Program is an Honors level program offering rigorous exposure to all the STEM disciplines. Students must apply for entrance into this program based either on overall academic performance or after completion of Honors level STEM courses. Standardized test scores, previous course performance, and teacher recommendations serve as the benchmark into this program. It is open to incoming freshmen as well as current students.*
Current student requirements are dependent on implementation year.
Eligible students must meet the following ongoing criteria:
- Maintain an average minimum of 90 in STEM combined courses.
- Receive a B or higher in all STEM AP or Dual enrollment courses.
- Complete at least one Honors or AP/ Dual Enrollment level STEM course across all four
- of the following disciplines (Science, Math, Engineering, Technology).
- Complete at least 5 AP or Dual Enrollment STEM courses during 10th-12th
- Attend outside STEM workshops and lectures.
This program is designed to prepare students with a strong STEM foundation to solidify their academic preparation for college STEM programs. Each student will meet with the STEM Coordinator to create the best course selections and programs for their future career.
*The criteria and grade requirements should be maintained during the entire enrollment period. Students who fail to maintain the necessary final GPA and courses will not be able to receive a certificate at graduation.
Completion of the STEM certificate program will be honored at graduation and may be included on college applications.
There is an application charge of $ 25.00, checks should be made out to Lansdale Catholic High School.
Please print out the following application and give to Mrs. Antoni with your application fee.
Application for the LC STEM CERTIFICATE PROGRAM May be accessed through the document below.