Sophomore Year: “Career Exploration Year”
- Career Exploring:
- Each sophomore will take a career inventory. A career counselor will then review this inventory with each student individually.
- Career resource materials are made available to all sophomores.
- Academic counseling is available when needed. If a student fails two or more subjects, his/her counselor will meet with the student.
- Personal/career counseling is available when needed (initiated by the student or by way of a referral made by a teacher, a staff person, a parent, or another student).
- PSAT (Preliminary Scholastic Aptitude Test): A presentation concerning the PSAT is made to all sophomores in September. When the PSATs have been scored, a presentation is made concerning how to utilize the results.