Junior Year: “Career Selection Year”
- Career Selection:
- Each student is expected to continue his/her investigation of career information. A counselor is always available to help, and an individual 45 minute interview will be scheduled with each junior. During this interview, each student will be registered on Naviance.
- During the junior year, each student is introduced to the college/trade school exploring process. The Junior Guidance Handbook is distributed to each student.
- Academic counseling is available when needed. If a student fails two or more subjects, his/her counselor will meet with the student.
- Personal counseling is available when needed (initiated by the student or by way of a referral made by a teacher, a staff person, a parent or another student).
- PSAT (Preliminary Scholastic Aptitude Test): A presentation concerning the PSAT is made to all juniors in September. In December, after the receipt of the PSAT scores, an assembly is held to explain the score reporting.
- SAT (Scholastic Aptitude Test): During the second semester, an assembly is held to explain the SAT registration process and an ONLINE Junior Parent College Information Night is tentatively scheduled Spring 2021. More details on this presentation will be sent in an email to Juniors and their Parent/Guardian.